- Wili – Winding method (commonly referred to as haku)
- Kui – Stringing method
- Coffee Lei – Lei must be made from parts of the coffee tree such as the blossoms, beans, leaves, etc. May also include ferns and other flowers.
- Floral/Foliage Lei – Lei must be made from fresh flowers, foliage, or naturally dried flowers.
- Youth (7-13 years) – Coffee lei or floral/foliage lei, wili or kui style
GRAND PRIZE WINNER $ 200
|COFFEE – WILI||COFFEE – KUI||FLOR/FOLI – WILI||FLOR/FOLI – KUI||FLOR/FOLI – KUI YOUTH (7-13 YRS)|
|1ST -$100||1ST -$100||1ST -$100||1ST -$100||1ST -$75|
|2ND- $75||2ND- $75||2ND- $75||2ND -$75||2ND-$50|
|3RD- $50||3RD- $50||3RD- $50||3RD- $50||3RD- $25|
- Applicants must purchase a Kona Coffee Cultural Festival button.
- Lei must be wearable.
- Fresh and natural flowers and foliage only
- Lei must be 32 inches long and left untied.
- Entries must be of your own work.
- An applicant may submit one lei per division.
- Entries must be submitted by 9:00 am on November 11 at Makaeo Pavilion.
- Judging will commence at 10:00 a.m. and the winners will be announced shortly thereafter.
- All entries become the property of the Kona Coffee Cultural Festival and will be
sold by auction.